We made this ground elder and hogweed stir fry for the first time a couple of weeks ago. We were up at the camp and Nicola put this together from a few bits and pieces we had in the yurt and some ground elder and hogweed that were growing in our woodland.
- 2 good handfuls of young ground elder with stalks removed
- 1 handful of hogweed shoots
- 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 small bunch of ramson leaves, shredded
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 handful of chopped black olives
- Olive oil
How to make the Ground Elder and Hogweed Stir Fry
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan
- Add the red pepper, olives and hogweed shoots
- When tender, add the rice wine vinegar and soy sauce
- Add the ground elder and ramsons and cook until wilted
In the photo below, we added some jelly ear fungus instead of using olives.