We have loads of Herb Bennet growing in our beautiful ancient woodland. I knew that it had been used as a flavouring in Victorian times, but this recipe from Robin Harford to have it crispy fried as an alternative to seaweed is a real winner!
- 6 handfuls of Herb Bennet leaves, chopped
- 2 handfuls of ramsons, chopped
- Knob of butter
How to cook the Crispy Fried Herb Bennet
- Melt the butter in a frying pan
- Add the chopped leaves and fry until crispy, adding more butter if required
- Sprinkle a little sugar over the dish before serving