These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between Jack Raven Bushcraft and you and cannot be changed, unless in writing by Jack Raven Bushcraft.
- Jack Raven Bushcraft is not able to reserve course places without payment in full.
- All available course places are booked on a first come first served basis.
- We cannot be held responsible for the delivery or clearing of funds, either in full or part.
- We reserve the right to change, alter or adapt our accepted payment methods.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
Changing your Booking
- You can make changes to your booking providing any changes are made more than 8 weeks before the date of your training.
- Jack Raven Bushcraft will apply the tariff price that was in place at the time of your original booking to your revised one.
- There will be an administrative charge of 10% of the training cost for this service.
- If you make changes less than 8 weeks before the date of your training, Jack Raven Bushcraft will treat it as a cancellation.
Cancellation by You
Please telephone immediately if you have to cancel your training. On the same day you should send us a written explanation and proof of the reason for your cancellation.
- If you cancel more than 8 weeks before the date of your training, 50% of the booking fee will be refunded.
- If you cancel less than 8 weeks before the date of your training, Jack Raven Bushcraft will only refund the balance, less an administration fee of 10%, for the following reasons:
- Accident or illness to you or any member of the party included on your booking – on production of confirmation from a GP/consultant,
- Death or disablement of you or any member of your party or a close relative – on production of a copy of the death certificate or GP/consultant’s letter,
- Jury or witness services in a Court of Law – on production of call-up notification,
- Redundancy – on production of employer’s notice.
- If none of the above reasons apply, all monies will be automatically lost.
- If Jack Raven Bushcraft does not receive the relevant copy documents prior to your training start date regarding one of the above reasons, no refund will be made.
- Jack Raven Bushcraft strongly recommend that you take out an appropriate insurance policy.
- Refunds are made by cheque.
Cancellation by Jack Raven Bushcraft
Whilst we will make every effort to run our courses as scheduled, there may be exceptional circumstances (e.g. an outbreak of Foot and Mouth disease, extreme weather) when we are forced to cancel a booking. In these circumstances, an alternative date will be offered; if an alternative is not available, a full refund will be offered.
- Gift vouchers are not sold on a sale or return basis and no refund will be made unless it can be demonstrated that Jack Raven Bushcraft has made an error in fulfilling the order.
- Gift vouchers are dated and expire 1 year from the date of purchase.
- The redeemer of the gift voucher must attend a course prior to the expiry date.
- Gift vouchers are redeemable according to availability.
- Jack Raven Bushcraft cannot accept responsibility for the loss or theft of gift vouchers.
- Gift vouchers are not replaceable if lost, damaged, stolen or expired and are void if altered, photocopied or reproduced.
- If the redeemer wishes to attend a course other than the course for which the gift voucher was purchased, Jack Raven Bushcraft will endeavour to swap subject to availability.
- Any additional amount resulting in swapping to another course will be paid by the redeemer.
- Any remaining amount is not exchangeable with cash or another voucher and will be automatically forfeited.
- Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- No refunds will be issued on unused gift vouchers.
Insurance & Liability
- Jack Raven Bushcraft has £5,000,000 of Public Liability Insurance with a reputable insurer.
- The courses take place in ancient woodland in all weather conditions. You acknowledge that these environments are never completely risk free. Whilst Jack Raven Bushcraft makes every effort to minimise risks, we will not be held liable for accidents, mishaps or losses that are not a result of negligence on the part of Jack Raven Bushcraft or for any accidents or losses which are due to your failure to follow our instructions.
- Jack Raven Bushcraft cannot be held responsible for any losses or damage to your personal belongings, clothing, money or vehicle unless due to our negligence.
- Jack Raven Bushcraft recommends that you consider taking out your own personal insurance if you require it.
- Jack Raven Bushcraft will not be responsible for any accidents or mishaps occurring to third parties taught by you.
- If you have a complaint, you should approach us first; this will allow for a speedy remedy of the complaint.
- If you feel you have a complaint after the end of the course you must put it in writing within 14 days of the course ending.
- We will not be liable for any complaints received after 14 days of the course ending.
- Any complaints received will be dealt with on an individual basis.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you arrive at the designated meeting point in a timely manner in order to be able to join the course.
- We expect you to behave in such a way as to not jeopardise the enjoyment or the safety of others.
- You must not use foul or abusive language.
- You must not make statements of a racist, sexist, homophobic or defamatory nature.
- No aggressive behaviour.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs are permitted.
- You may not bring any pets to any of our courses.
- You are responsible for bringing adequate clothing and equipment to the course.
- You must comply with all reasonable instructions and directions from us.
- No cutting tools can be used until we are satisfied that you have been fully instructed in their safe use.
- You are not to cut any living tree, or part of a living tree, without our express consent.
- No fires are to be lit without our express consent.
- Fires must not be left unattended at any time.
- You are responsible for any equipment issued to you during the course, and will be liable for loss or breakage due to misuse.
Failure to comply with the above is likely to result in you being removed from the course, without refund. Jack Raven Bushcraft will not be liable for any subsequent losses.
- You agree that any photographs or videos taken while with Jack Raven Bushcraft can be used by us in any way we deem appropriate.
- You must inform us in writing prior to the start of the course that you do not wish to be photographed or videoed.
- If you participate in photographs or videos you will automatically forfeit the right to have your image withheld.