As usual we will be carrying out some Woodland Management & Camp Maintenance over the winter, in December 2022 and again in January and February 2023. In no particular order:
- We have ash dieback in the woods and whilst we felled around 120 ash trees last winter, there are some close to the camp area that we have identified as needing to be felled.
- We are looking st replacing the parachute with a large ‘A’ frame shelter.
- Gather hazel to make spindles for bow drilling.
- Clear a couple of paths of fallen ash and brambles so we can get better access to some areas of the woodland.
We will be running woodland management & camp maintenance activities on the following dates:
- 17th & 18th December 2022
- 14th & 15th January 2023
- 28th & 29th January 2023
- 11th & 12th February 2023
- 25th & 26th February 2023
Feel free to come along for a day or the entire weekend, if you want you can also camp over in the woods. We’ll supply hot drinks, meals and a roaring stove in the yurt to keep warm in the evenings!
So if you can help out with some woodland management and camp maintenance, get in touch by email to info:jackravenbushcraft.co.uk