Nicola made this delicious wild greens and beans yesterday on a glorious spring morning. She used nettles and ramsons but you could swap out the ramsons for other wild greens as the foraging season progresses. If you can’t find any ramsons, add a couple of cloves of garlic to the ingredients.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tin of butter beans
- 200g of either cherry or chopped tomatoes
- A few handfulls each of nettles and ramsons
- Zest and juice of a lemon
How to make wild greens and beans
- Put the olive oil in a pan and fry the butter beans until they are golden
- Add the wild greens
- Once the wild greens ahve wilted slightly add the tomatoes
- Add a little water if necessary
- Once the tomatoes are cooked add the lemon zest and juice and finally grate on some parmesan
- Serve with chunky bread
Watch this short video of Nicola making wild greens and beans in the woods.