This recipe for cow parsley and yarrow lentil balls is Nicola’s take on a Lebanese dish and they are absolutely delicious.
Take a look at this post about telling the difference between cow parsley and hemlock
- 1 handful of wild garlic
- 1 handful of cow parsley or 1 handful of yarrow leaves
- 150g red lentils
- 100g quinoa
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp of chilli powder
- 60mls of olive oil
How to make the cow parsley and yarrow lentil balls
- Rinse the lentils and place them in a pan with 400mls of water
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15mins
- Rince the quinoa and place in a pan with 300mls of water, bring to a boil and simmer for 20mins
- Combine the lentils and quinoa in a mixing bowl
- Put the oil in a frying pan, add the diced onion and gently fry for 5 mins
- Add the tomato puree, salt, cumin, chilli and cook for a further 5 mins
- Add to the lentil and quinoa mixture
- Add the chopped wild herbs and mix well
- Take a dessert spoon of the mixture and form into balls
We often make these cow parsley and yarrow lentil balls on our foraging courses.
You can see loads of photos from all of our courses on our Facebook page.