This is a really easy recipe to make a surprisingly tasty dish – dandelion flowers in batter.
- 30 dandelion flowers, preferably picked in the sun
- Wild marjoram, finely chopped
- Ground ivy, finely chopped
- 75g of flour
- 1 tsp of bicarb
- Oil for deep frying
How to make the dandelion flowers in batter
- Blend the flour, milk, salt, herbs and baking powder to form a soft batter
- Flatten the dandelion flowers slightly in your hand
- Dip the flowers into the batter
- Deep fry until golden
We make these, and many other wonderful dishes, on our 1 Day Foraging Courses,
You can see loads of photos from those courses, as well as all of our others, on our Facebook page.