As usual we will be carrying out some Woodland Management & Camp Maintenance over the winter, in January and February 2020. In no particular order:
- We have ash dieback in the woods and whilst we are currently planning to leave most of them to die, fall and rot naturally, there are some close to the camp area that we have identified as needing to be felled.
- We are looking at constructing a couple of new debris shelters , hopefully using some of the materials made available from the ash we fell as well as re-thatching the wiki-up.
- We want to move the cooking fire so that we can put a tarp over it in inclement weather, as well as move the brew fire and kettle.
- Gather hazel to make spindles for bow drilling.
- Build a kiln for our woodland pottery course.
We will be running woodland management & camp maintenance activities on the following dates:
- Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th January 2020
- Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th January 2020
- Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd February 2020
- Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd February 2020
Feel free to come along for a day or the entire weekend, if you want you can also camp over in the woods. We’ll supply hot drinks, meals and a roaring stove in the yurt to keep warm in the evenings!
So if you can help out with some woodland management and camp maintenance, get in touch by email to info:jackravenbushcraft.co.uk