Yarrow (Acillea millefolium)
As an infusion : Colds and flus; high blood pressure; tones varicose veins; prevents blood clots; tension; weak digestion.
As a salve : Cuts, abrasions and minor burns.
We made some yarrow salve at the weekend. Nicola picked the yarrow a few months back and left it in a brown paper bag to dry. It is easy to make. This is a different set of instructions to those found here and are simpler; take a look at both and see what you think!
- Heat 200ml of olive oil and add the yarrow.
- Keep on a gentle simmer for 15 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add 25g of bees wax and stir in.
- Pour through a jelly bag and into jars(s) or pots, we use 15ml aluminium ones.
- Store in a cool, dark place.