Dandelion bhajees are a great addition to an Indian meal. Dandelions grow in abundance and are a great wild food source. Avoid areas frequented by dog walkers for obvious reasons. The flowers are best picked on a sunny day.
- Dandelion flowers
- 1 ½ cups of chickpea flour
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
How to make dandelion bhajees
- Mix the chickpea flour with water to make a paste
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the paste
- Take a spoonful of the mix and mould with hands into a ball
- Heat the oil in a large pan until very hot
- Add the mixture balls a few at a time
- Turn down the heat so they cook inside
- Cook until golden
You can see loads of photos from our ‘Wildfoods and Woodland Cooking’ course on our Facebook page.