Family Bushcraft Club
Now in it’s sixth year, we’ll be running Family Bushcraft Club again from Tuesday 16th July until Tuesday 3rd September 2019.
Family Bushcraft Club is intended for parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles and their children; it will run for 8 weeks on a Tuesday evening from 6:30pm until 8:30pm.
If you’d like to join, get in touch to book on. We’ll need the first 2 weeks up front to confirm the booking, after that it’s pay as you go.
Bushcraft Club is based at our ancient woodland camp in Westwell, Kent.
We will explore a wide range of bushcraft and survival skills and hope to cover:
- Using and maintaining tools such as knives, axes and saws
- Having plenty of practise creating a flame using matches, fire steels, fire pistons, wire wool & a battery, solar mirrors, flint & steel, chemicals
- Lighting fires using materials found around us
- Building shelters from natural and manmade materials
- Finding, filtering and purifying water
- Identifying trees & plants and understanding what they can be used for
- Tracking and nature awareness
- Carving implements such as butter knives, spatulas and spoons
- Weaving bark
- Making string from stinging nettles
- Identifying, preparing and eating wild foods
- Herbal remedies