Now in it’s 7th year, we’ll be starting Bushcraft Club on Tuesday 7th July at 6:30pm from our ancient woodland camp in Westwell, Kent, just a few miles from Ashford.
After much thought we’ve decided that this year we will run Bushcraft Club for adults only; normally on Family Bushcraft Club we have more people attending and we think it will be too difficult to manage social distancing.
Adult Bushcraft Club is for over 16s only. It will run for 8 weeks on a Tuesday evening from 6:30pm until 8:30pm (or so) starting on the 7th July until 25th August. Cost is £15 per person per session.
If you’d like to join us at Bushcraft Club 2020, get in touch to book on either email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07553 763397.
We’ll need the first 2 weeks as a deposit, after that it’s pay as you go.
We will explore a wide range of bushcraft and survival skills and hope to cover:
- Using and maintaining tools such as knives, axes and saws
- Having plenty of practise creating a flame using matches, fire steels, fire pistons, wire wool & a battery, solar mirrors, flint & steel, chemicals
- Lighting fires using materials found around us
- Building shelters from natural and manmade materials
- Finding, filtering and purifying water
- Identifying trees & plants and understanding what they can be used for
- Tracking and nature awareness
- Carving implements such as butter knives, spatulas and spoons
- Weaving bark
- Making string from stinging nettles
- Identifying, preparing and eating wild foods
- Herbal remedies
We will be running these sessions with your and our safety in mind. That means we will expect social distancing to be adhered to. Our COVID-19 infection control guidelines are here for you to read in full.
You can see lots of photos of what we do on our Facebook.