What’s it about?
Located between Canterbury and Ashford, join us at our ancient woodland camp on the beautiful Kent Downs for this introductory 1 day bushcraft course.
We’ve put together this 1 day bushcraft course for people whose time is precious but would like to gain a thorough grounding in the key skills of outdoor bushcraft and survival. So we’ve created a package that will ensure that you leave us with simple, repeatable skills that’ll give you the confidence to broaden your horizons in the great outdoors.
What will I do on this 1 day bushcraft course?
During your time spent with us on this 1 day bushcraft fundamentals course, you will:
- Learn how to safely use a knife,
- Build a debris shelter and gain an understanding of the design principles involved,
- Have plenty of practise creating a flame using matches, fire steels, fire pistons, wire wool & a battery, solar mirrors, flint & steel, chemicals,
- Make char cloth, create a tinder bundle and blow an ember into flame,
- Find, filter and purify your own water,
- Go for a woodland walk to gain an insight into some of the trees and plants around us and what they can be used for,
- Gather your own materials and light a fire following a method that will work in all weather conditions.
At the end of the course you will have a good working knowledge of the skills needed to enjoy your time in the woods or enhance your camping or outdoor activities.
You can see our complete course schedule here.
Location: Westwell, Kent
Duration: 1 day
Course size: Maximum of 8
Catering: Lunch provided
Note: There is a short walk from the meeting point to the camp. We’ll transport your bags in our 4×4
You might also find these Frequently Asked Questions useful.
What our customers say
Submit your review
Wanted to a course like this for ages..so glad i booked with jack raven . Learnt alot and had such a good time..cant wait to book another course.. you won't be disappointed.. it was so good
Another great day spent with the Jack Raven team great location excellent food plenty of knowledge gained thanks from Rob & Harry. Looking forward to next time
Really enjoyed our day adventure at Jack Raven Bushcraft, from learning some basics of foraging to knife handling and fire building in a fantastic outdoor space. Thanks for a delicious lunch and we hope to be back soon.
Had a great day learning about foraging, whittling, fire starting and camp building. Would definitely recommend this for anyone, even if just to unwind.
Had a great day, thanks to all the team. The food and location were perfect had a very informative day learning outdoor skills.