What’s it about
Clay is a readily available material that our hunter gatherer ancestors used for millenia to turn into a wide variety of both functional and decorative items. Join us at our ancient woodland camp and find out all about collecting and refining clay as well as how to transform this wonderful material into beautiful items.
What will I do?
You will learn how to make your own beautiful clay items from start to finish. You will:
- Gather local raw clay
- Learn how to refine the clay and make ready for use
- Make a variety of small, simple clay items like: bowls, pendants and beads
- Make a clay brick to be used for kiln building
- Build a primitive kiln
- Fire your clay pieces in the kiln
- Take home what you’ve made
All tools and materials are included in the cost of this course.
You can see our complete course schedule here.
Location: Westwell, Kent
Duration: 1 day
Course size: Maximum of 8
Catering: Lunch provided
Note: There is a short walk from the meeting point to the camp. We’ll transport your bags in our 4×4.
You might also find these Frequently Asked Questions useful.
What our customers say
Submit your review