- Responsible fire lighting,
- Debris shelters and tarpaulin shelters,
- Finding, filtering and purifying water,
- Tree & plant identification,
- Wild foods and woodland cookery,
- Making cordage from natural materials,
- Carving simple implements such as butter knives, spatulas and key fobs,
- Tracking and nature awareness.
Scouts Association Survival Badge
We are able to teach the skills required to attain the Survival Badge and to host a survival exercise during which the Scouts will:
- Construct a shelter of natural or salvaged materials and sleep in it,
- Cook all meals over an open fire,
- Cook without utensils or aluminium foil (although a knife may be used),
- Demonstrate methods of finding direction by day or night without a compass.
For more information, please contact us on 07553 763397 or by email on email@example.com
Submit your review
Our Scouts really enjoyed learning all the different ways to light a fire, they were the quietest I have ever seen them! Gary’s calm manner meant they had to listen carefully and learnt a lot. They were especially keen to learn how to make a potholder for their fires and were impressed by Gary’s skill as they realised it was harder than it looks. Overall I would happily recommend anyone to book a session and learn some valuable skills, we all enjoyed ourselves, leaders included and would definitely use Jack Raven again.