- Responsible fire lighting,
- Debris shelters and tarpaulin shelters,
- Finding, filtering and purifying water,
- Tree & plant identification,
- Wild foods and woodland cookery,
- Making cordage from natural materials,
- Carving simple implements such as butter knives, spatulas and key fobs,
- Tracking and nature awareness.
Scouts Association Survival Badge
We are able to teach the skills required to attain the Survival Badge and to host a survival exercise during which the Scouts will:
- Construct a shelter of natural or salvaged materials and sleep in it,
- Cook all meals over an open fire,
- Cook without utensils or aluminium foil (although a knife may be used),
- Demonstrate methods of finding direction by day or night without a compass.
For more information, please contact us on 07553 763397 or by email on email@example.com
Submit your review
We brought our Beaver pack to spend the day. They had a fantastic time making shelters. Learning how to safely start fires and set up there camp fire in order to cook there own bread. The weather certainly pushed them to their limits but they had a fantastic time. Gary is very knowledgable and patient with the children. We would definatly recommend Jack Raven and would definitely visit again.
Our Scouts really enjoyed learning all the different ways to light a fire, they were the quietest I have ever seen them! Gary’s calm manner meant they had to listen carefully and learnt a lot. They were especially keen to learn how to make a potholder for their fires and were impressed by Gary’s skill as they realised it was harder than it looks. Overall I would happily recommend anyone to book a session and learn some valuable skills, we all enjoyed ourselves, leaders included and would definitely use Jack Raven again.