What’s it about?
If you’re a home educator and want to add an inspiring, nature based, outdoor skill set and knowledge base to your child’s education, as well as having fun in a stunning woodland setting replete with a purpose built outdoor classroom, then Jack Raven Bushcraft can help!
What will your child do?
First off, we’ll work with you to design an exceptional bushcraft experience for the children. Activities can be arranged for individuals or a small group and can last from 1 day to 5 days or we can build an ongoing programme of events on a regular basis, for instance once a month.
We can cover a multitude of topics, not limited to:
- Learning how to use and maintain tools such as knives, axes and saws (depending on the age of the children),
- Responsibly lighting fires using fire steels, flint& steel, mirrors, lenses and many others,
- Natural tinders,
- Building shelters from natural and manmade materials,
- Finding, filtering and purifying water,
- Identifying trees & plants and understanding what they can be used for,
- Outdoor cooking,
- Herbal remedies,
- Tracking and nature awareness,
- Carving implements such as butter knives, spatulas and spoons,
- Weaving bark,
- Making string from stinging nettles.
We place a strong emphasis on woodland management, natural history and respect for the woodland and environment throughout all of our activities.
Will my child be safe?
We are acutely aware of your child’s well being and safety and therefore when you and your child take part in our activities, we will :
- Carefully explain how to avoid accidents,
- Teach the children and adults how to use tools correctly,
- Give the children lots of opportunities to practice activities safely,
- Give the children the confidence to ‘have a go’ and ask for help when it’s needed.
How much will it cost?
Costs will depend on a number of factors such as numbers attending, duration of the session and whether it’s a one off or part of an ongoing programme. We would prefer to talk with you to understand your requirements and budget before committing to a price.
What to do next
To start working together to develop a bushcraft package that is right for your child, email us at email@example.com or call us on 07553 763397.
“When children spend time in the great outdoors, getting muddy, getting wet, getting stung by nettles, they learn important lessons – what hurts, what is slippery, what you can trip over or fall from.”
Peter Cornall, Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, June 2007
What our customers say
Submit your review