Who’s it for?
Hosted by Nicola, our 1:1 foraging and outdoor cooking day is for anyone who would like to get a better working knowledge of edible plants and outdoor cooking skills. And because it’s 1:1, you’ll get all the attention you could ask for.
What will I do?
If you’ve been on one of our courses, you’ll know that Nicola consistently cooks up fantastic meals at our ancient woodland camp in Kent. So on your 1:1 day you’ll learn many of her outdoor culinary secrets! The day will be a mixture of foraging and outdoor cooking techniques; call to have a chat about what you want to achieve from the day.
- Foragers code,
- Identify some of the many delicious edible plants that can be found in the British countryside,
- Know plants that you must avoid,
- Learn how to gather materials and light a fire to cook over in the woods,
- Understand when to use different types of fire for various cooking techniques such as pit ovens and embers,
- Use different cooking equipment including dutch ovens, skillets, and grills.
We’ll supply all the equipment but there will be an additional charge for any ingredients we need to buy. Although the day isn’t intended as a game preparation day, we can source venison, pigeon, pheasant and rabbit to include in the food prepared, but we’ll need to pass on the cost to you.
Make sure you bring a few tupperware boxes to take home what you’ve cooked.
By making a booking you confirm that you have read and agree to our Terms & Conditions.
Book your 1:1 foraging and outdoor cooking day and get in touch to organise a convenient date.
Location: Westwell, Kent
Duration: 1 day
Whilst you’ll get to eat what you forage, bring a packed lunch, as it is likely to be late in the day before the food is cooked. We’ll provide tea and coffee
Note: We’ll leave your car at the meeting point and then drive in our car to the woods.
You might also find these Frequently Asked Questions useful.