We have some spaces on our Food & Water course on 20 – 22 July. As this is at short notice we can offer the weekend at £80. Get in touch if you’d like to join us. On this bushcraft experience, you will:
- Use a knife, folding saw and bow saw to make a wedge, cut a log, splt it and carve your own spatula to take home,
- Create a flame using a fire steel,
- Understand various fire lays and their use,
- Identify and locate water supplies,
- Filter water and purify it,
- Make your own meths cooker from a beer can that you can take away with you,
- Make a pot hanger to boil water and cook over (instructions at bottom of this page),
- Prepare rabbits, brown over a skillet and casserole in a pit oven (in our view the absolutely best way to eat rabbit),
- Cook potatoes and vegtables in a bin oven,
- Prepare and cook trout over embers, served with a pesto you source and make, and cheesey bannock,
- Try various woodland teas from plants and herbs you collect,
- Finish it all off by collecting materials to light a fire with a fire steel and boil water over your pot hanger.
We are at the Kent County Show this weekend with Ross from Kaos Blacksmiths. Pop along and enter our free draw to win a place on a 2 day bushcraft course.
We can also confirm that we will be attending the Wilderness Gathering. Book any of our 2012 bushcraft course at the event for half price.