Who’s it for?
Brand new for 2018, this 2 day camp craft and gadgets course has been put together to show you how to create a myriad of practical items from the resources that nature provides, items that will enhance your time on your outdoor adventures. This 2 day experience is therefore aimed at anyone who wants to ‘lighten the load’ and construct their own equipment as they go.
It’s suitable for anyone, regardless of previous experience as we will start with knife safety and knife cuts before moving on to making a host of useful campside items.
What will I do?
During your time spent with us on this bushcraft course, you will:
- Safely use essential bushcraft tools including knife, folding saw and bow saw,
- Practice responsible pruning cuts to allow trees to recover,
- Cleft and cross cut small rounds of wood,
- Get to make:
- Tent pegs,
- Honey spreaders,
- A woodland mallet,
- Various pot hangers and cranes for cooking,
- A spatula,
- A stick bow,
- Construct your own bucksaw that you can keep,
- Craft usable feather sticks, great for lighting fires when dry kindling is scarce on the ground,
- Learn some simple knots and lashings,
- Create straightfoward woodland ‘furniture’ such as tripods, chairs and tables,
- Be shown, and given time to practice, how to sharpen a knife so that it will easily slice through a sheet of paper,
- And of course, we’ll also throw in a session on tree identification and uses!
At the end of this camp craft course you will have a good working knowledge of the skills needed to make all manner of useful implements to enhance your bushcraft, camping or outdoor activities. And of course, everything you’ve made is yours to take home.
By making a booking you confirm that you have read and agree to our Terms & Conditions.
Sorry, 2018 dates now fully booked, next year’s dates will be available towards the end of August.
You can see our complete course schedule here.
Location: Westwell, Kent
Duration: 2 days
Start: 6pm Friday
End: 4pm Sunday
Course size: Maximum of 8
Catering: Fully catered
Note: There is a short walk from the meeting point to the camp. We’ll transport your bags in our 4×4
You might also find these Frequently Asked Questions useful.