Who’s it for?
Over the years our 2 day bushcraft course has proven to be our most popular. It has been carefully designed to initiate you into the joys of outdoor living, although many of the skills that you will be taught are easily transferable to other outdoor activities.
This 2 day bushcraft course is intended for people who would like to understand what bushcraft is all about and to learn simple, repeatable bushcraft and survival skills, including campers, backpackers, hikers and other outdoors people who wish to learn some of the skills required to be comfortable in the outdoors, so that you have the time to really enjoy what is around you. We have people attend who have no previous bushcraft experience as well as those with some prior experience and we can say with absolute honesty that everyone leaves knowing more than when they arrived!
What will I do?
During your time spent with us on this bushcraft course, you will:
- Learn how to safely use essential bushcraft tools including knife, folding saw and bow saw,
- Have plenty of practise creating a flame using matches, fire steels, fire pistons, wire wool & a battery, solar mirrors, flint & steel, chemicals and fire by friction,
- Carve your own honey spreader or spatula from materials you gather in our ancient woodland,
- Understand the pros and cons of debris shelters, where & how to build one, and sleep in one if you wish,
- Put up a tarp and hammock using only 3 simple knots that can be tied and untied wearing gloves (you can sleep in a hammock if you like),
- Find, filter and purify your own water,
- Go for a woodland walk to gain an insight into some of the trees and plants around us and what they can be used for,
- Learn how to sharpen a knife so that it will slice through a sheet of paper,
- Locate and identify different natural tinders easily found in the woods,
- Gather your own materials and light a fire following a method that will work in all weather conditions.
At the end of this bushcraft course you will have a good working knowledge of the skills needed to enjoy your time in the woods or enhance your camping or outdoor activities.
By making a booking you confirm that you have read and agree to our Terms & Conditions.
You can see our complete course schedule here.
Location: Westwell, Kent
Duration: 2 days
Start: 6pm Friday
End: 4pm Sunday
Course size: Maximum of 8
Catering: Fully catered
Note: There is a short walk from the meeting point to the camp. We’ll transport your bags in our 4×4
You might also find these Frequently Asked Questions useful.
What our customers say
Submit your review
Just completed the 2 day bushcraft course, excellent course, good delivery speed, very informative tuition. Like others have said, I now wish I'd done the 5 day course - I will be doing so, and more. A fantastic experience.
I was brought a voucher by my wife for the Bushcraft course. Booking the course with the voucher was easy and the pre course info was very good. On arrival none of the participants knew each other but Gary and Nicola soon set all at ease. A very nice welcome and into to the course set the tone for the rest of the course. Very easy going atmosphere with loads of info and plenty of time to practice the skills being taught. As a big eater I was worried the food may not be enough but we was very well fed and watered all weekend. I will definitely be booking another course and recommend anyone else to.
I thoroughly enjoyed the two-day bushcraft course. The conditions were sub-zero but the warm hut, hot meals, and regular cups of tea got us through. It was great to spend time in the beautiful woodland surroundings and engage in a varied programme of activities. The firelighting with a range of methods and fuels was a particular highlight. Gary, Nicola, Pete and Ho Kyung were all very welcoming, knowledgable and encouraging and created a great group atmosphere. Highly recommended and i hope to be going back.
A thoroughly enjoyable 2 days! A great introduction to anyone wanting to pick up the basics of bush craft. Gary is extremely knowledgeable and has a very relaxed and easy going teaching style. My personal favourite was the fire lighting using the different methods of creating embers. Food was great too and dispite the cold weather our our group was in good spirits.Lovely people and would 100% recommend to friends & family.
The Jack Raven team were all excellent teachers and I learnt loads. They were extremely professional but also friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend this course for bushcraft beginners and will be looking to book more courses in the future. Great food and the kettle was always on, just what was needed in sub zero snowy conditions.