Who’s it for?
Our 2 day bushcraft course has been carefully designed to initiate you into the joys of outdoor living, although many of the skills that you will be taught are easily transferable to other outdoor activities.
This 2 day bushcraft course is intended for people who would like to understand what bushcraft is all about and to learn simple, repeatable bushcraft and survival skills, including campers, backpackers, hikers and other outdoors people who wish to learn some of the skills required to be comfortable in the outdoors, so that you have the time to really enjoy what is around you.
What will I do?
During your time spent with us on this bushcraft course, you will:
- Learn how to safely use essential bushcraft tools including knife, folding saw and bow saw,
- Have plenty of practise creating a flame using matches, fire steels, fire pistons, wire wool & a battery, solar mirrors, flint & steel, chemicals and fire by friction,
- Carve your own honey spreader or spatula from materials you gather in our ancient woodland,
- Understand the pros and cons of debris shelters, where & how to build one, and sleep in one if you wish,
- Put up a tarp and hammock using only 3 simple knots that can be tied and untied wearing gloves (you can sleep in a hammock if you like),
- Find, filter and purify your own water,
- Go for a woodland walk to gain an insight into some of the trees and plants around us and what they can be used for,
- Learn how to sharpen a knife so that it will slice through a sheet of paper,
- Locate and identify different natural tinders easily found in the woods,
- Gather your own materials and light a fire following a method that will work in all weather conditions.
At the end of this bushcraft course you will have a good working knowledge of the skills needed to enjoy your time in the woods or enhance your camping or outdoor activities.
By making a booking you confirm that you have read and agree to our Terms & Conditions.
You can see our complete course schedule here.
Location: Westwell, Kent
Duration: 2 days
Start: 6pm Friday
End: 4pm Sunday
Course size: Maximum of 8
Catering: Fully catered
Note: There is a short walk from the meeting point to the camp. We’ll transport your bags in our 4×4
You might also find these Frequently Asked Questions useful.
What our customers say
Submit your review
I recently attended the two day bushcraft course and would recommend it in a heartbeat. Really well organised and friendly, incredibly knowledgeable instructors, fascinating information and useful techniques... Definitely going to book on some more courses. Huge thanks guys!
A perfect weekend, many thanks for looking after us this weekend. Great food, great site, great topics, and great company. All in all, well worth 5 stars. Thanks to Gary and Bob for the instruction, and to Nichola for looking after us food wise
A very well run course with good facilities and lovely food from Nicola. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and certainly felt 'closer to nature' by the end. Being November, I did really struggle with the cold as it sapped my energy and motivation to learn. I would have enjoyed it even more in the summer. This is no-one's fault of course and no reflection on the brilliant instructors. Thank you Gary, Nicola et al.
An extremely well run and fulfilling course, led by a team of knowledgable, interesting and above all friendly people. Thanks to Gary, Bob & Peter for the bush-craft tuition, and especially to Nicola for her wonderful cooking to keep the hunger at bay.
Location is fantastic, an excellent place to learn bushcraft. You are made very welcome and the atmosphere for the whole weekend has a very relaxed and chilled vibe. This lends itself to a great learning environment for everyone.Gary & Bob pass on their experience and skill in an easy to understand way.Knife skills/care, firelighting, tarps, knots and woodland ID walk were great. Even if you think you know something they add another layer of knowledge on top.I especially enjoyed putting the fire lighting skills to the test on Sunday morning in the rain - always a great feeling to make fire.Thanks to Nicola as well, the food that is provided and prepared is amazing and kept me contented throughout the weekend.Thanks to all involved with the weekend, I have come away with an increased thirst for improving my skills and learning more about bushcraft. Going through my back issues of Bushcraft Journal is just as enjoyable the second time around.Thanks again and I hope to be back next year.Kind regards and keep up the great work