Who’s it for?
Our 2 day bushcraft course has been carefully designed to initiate you into the joys of outdoor living, although many of the skills that you will be taught are easily transferable to other outdoor activities.
This 2 day bushcraft course is intended for people who would like to understand what bushcraft is all about and to learn simple, repeatable bushcraft and survival skills, including campers, backpackers, hikers and other outdoors people who wish to learn some of the skills required to be comfortable in the outdoors, so that you have the time to really enjoy what is around you.
What will I do?
During your time spent with us on this bushcraft course, you will:
- Learn how to safely use essential bushcraft tools including knife, folding saw and bow saw,
- Have plenty of practise creating a flame using matches, fire steels, fire pistons, wire wool & a battery, solar mirrors, flint & steel, chemicals and fire by friction,
- Carve your own honey spreader or spatula from materials you gather in our ancient woodland,
- Understand the pros and cons of debris shelters, where & how to build one, and sleep in one if you wish,
- Put up a tarp and hammock using only 3 simple knots that can be tied and untied wearing gloves (you can sleep in a hammock if you like),
- Find, filter and purify your own water,
- Go for a woodland walk to gain an insight into some of the trees and plants around us and what they can be used for,
- Learn how to sharpen a knife so that it will slice through a sheet of paper,
- Locate and identify different natural tinders easily found in the woods,
- Gather your own materials and light a fire following a method that will work in all weather conditions.
At the end of this bushcraft course you will have a good working knowledge of the skills needed to enjoy your time in the woods or enhance your camping or outdoor activities.
By making a booking you confirm that you have read and agree to our Terms & Conditions.
You can see our complete course schedule here.
Location: Westwell, Kent
Duration: 2 days
Start: 6pm Friday
End: 4pm Sunday
Course size: Maximum of 8
Catering: Fully catered
Note: There is a short walk from the meeting point to the camp. We’ll transport your bags in our 4×4
You might also find these Frequently Asked Questions useful.
What our customers say
Submit your review
Thanks very much to Gary, Nicola and Peter for making the course so enjoyable. It was nice that we could learn and still be able to chill out and enjoy the woodland surroundings and not have to leap out of bed at 6amSo glad I did it and I have thought about doing a Bushcraft course for many years. Not sure why I didn't do it earlier, but when I found out it was pretty much on my doorstep, I had to take the plunge!A good small group, lovely food supplied by Nicola nom,nom,nom and the added bonus of the camp dog Willow. Such a lovely temperamentI was tempted to stay in the woods after the course had finished, but I think they would have noticed my bright blue tent amongst the trees!A big THANK YOU to you all and I would highly recommend doing this course to anyone!
Just back from the weekend bushcraft course and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very nice people - Gary was very professional and helpful and knowledgeable. Peter was also brilliant to have helping us out. We learnt a lot of helpful new skills in a fun, hands on, nicely paced way. The food was delicious (thanks a lot Nicola) and I am very happy I attended this course. Highly recommend.
I recently attended the two day bushcraft course and would recommend it in a heartbeat. Really well organised and friendly, incredibly knowledgeable instructors, fascinating information and useful techniques... Definitely going to book on some more courses. Huge thanks guys!
A perfect weekend, many thanks for looking after us this weekend. Great food, great site, great topics, and great company. All in all, well worth 5 stars. Thanks to Gary and Bob for the instruction, and to Nichola for looking after us food wise
A very well run course with good facilities and lovely food from Nicola. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and certainly felt 'closer to nature' by the end. Being November, I did really struggle with the cold as it sapped my energy and motivation to learn. I would have enjoyed it even more in the summer. This is no-one's fault of course and no reflection on the brilliant instructors. Thank you Gary, Nicola et al.