What’s it about?
Located between Canterbury and Ashford, join us at our ancient woodland camp on the beautiful Kent Downs for this introductory 1 day bushcraft course.
We’ve put together this 1 day bushcraft course for people whose time is precious but would like to gain a thorough grounding in the key skills of bushcraft and survival. So we’ve created a package that will ensure that you leave us with simple, repeatable bushcraft and survival skills that’ll give you the confidence to broaden your horizons in the great outdoors.
What will I do?
During your time spent with us on this 1 day bushcraft course, you will:
- Learn how to safely use a knife,
- Build a debris shelter and gain an understanding of the design principles involved,
- Have plenty of practise creating a flame using matches, fire steels, fire pistons, wire wool & a battery, solar mirrors, flint & steel, chemicals,
- Make char cloth, create a tinder bundle and blow an ember into flame,
- Find, filter and purify your own water,
- Go for a woodland walk to gain an insight into some of the trees and plants around us and what they can be used for,
- Gather your own materials and light a fire following a method that will work in all weather conditions.
At the end of this bushcraft course you will have a good working knowledge of the skills needed to enjoy your time in the woods or enhance your camping or outdoor activities.
By making a booking you confirm that you have read and agree to our Terms & Conditions.
You can see our complete course schedule here.
Location: Westwell, Kent
Duration: 1 day
Course size: Maximum of 8
Catering: Lunch provided
Note: There is a short walk from the meeting point to the camp. We’ll transport your bags in our 4×4
You might also find these Frequently Asked Questions useful.
What our customers say
Submit your review
Thanks Gary and Nicola for an inspiring day. The one day course is a good starting point to get familiar with the basics of bushcrafting and survival skills. Gary covered lot of ground and planned it well so we could try different knife and fire lighting skills ourselves as well as wander around to collect wood. Lunch was delicious, thanks to Nicola and her wild garlic sauce is a must.Highly recommend Jack Raven courses. Very skilled and inspiring group!